DVIDS RSS Feed: American Forces Network Iraq

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Iraq-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack

Billy Joel anyone?  Moving Out? No?  Moving on...

We are here in Baghdad.  We have been here for a few days.  I must say that compared to previous deployments, this little FOB is pretty nice.  The highlight of my day seems to be sipping tea (chai, actually) outside as I wind down.  We've been learning the ropes of running AFN-Iraq, and so far I'm pretty excited about what I'm seeing from our troops.  As we get more and more settled, I will try to blog more often.  We will see.

Today, our Iraqi partners are holding elections.  It's great to see them take another step forward on the road to freedom and representative government.  The pride in these people's eyes when they hold up their purple fingers (Iraqi's dip there fingers in purple ink when they vote.  It prevents voting a second time) is quite moving.  I hope that more Americans can take that kind of pride in participatory government.

On a personal note, my old man is in the hospital with some heart issues.  If you are so inclined (as I am) please pray for him. 

Chris "Mr Parker" Parker

No comments: